Hero-U Forum

Off-Topic

Tyranny

Tyranny

Postby unleasher » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:04 am

unleasher

Re: Tyranny

Postby Bashar » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:34 am

Looks interesting. I just hope they put a little more work into character builds. I appreciate that they made each stat have a combat and non-combat use in Pillars of Eternity but unfortunately they still tended to benefit specific classes over another. I felt penalized trying to build a character "against type".
Bashar

Postby Ambaryerno » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:08 am

Bashar wrote:Looks interesting. I just hope they put a little more work into character builds. I appreciate that they made each stat have a combat and non-combat use in Pillars of Eternity but unfortunately they still tended to benefit specific classes over another. I felt penalized trying to build a character "against type".

TBH you're going to have that in any class-based leveling system.
Ambaryerno

Postby Bashar » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:45 am

I disagree, which is what makes Pillars of Eternity frustrating. It felt like they were taking a step in the right direction by giving each stat a combat and non-combat function but didn't follow through.

There's no reason why you can't build stats that benefit each class. For example, warriors could get leadership buffs from charisma. Mages could have their spells more difficult to resist with strength. They might not be "optimal" builds but still enable you to specialize your character toward a particular role.

Stats should be used as a means of refining classes, not defining them. Otherwise, what's the point? If every paladin looks the same, every thief and every cleric all look the same, then just get rid of stats and incorporate them as class abilities. At least in a point buy system. It made more sense when you rolled random stats and then chose your class based on what you rolled up.
Bashar

Postby Ambaryerno » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:02 am

The best thing I felt PoE did was that instead of taking proficiency in specific weapons, you had weapon SETS instead, which is much more accurate to the way martial arts ACTUALLY work.

Some of the sets seemed kind of arbitrary, but it was a HUGE step above D&D's Weapon Focus/Spec feats.
Ambaryerno

Postby unleasher » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:46 pm

Tyranny - "Creating a World", Dev Diary 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hrzHX1O7MA
unleasher

Postby Mark Fincher » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:43 am

Finally, a game where I can at least be evil.
The new aroma rice cooker arc-914sbd review provides much useful information. I asked my husband to buy it. Now I'm very pleased with this purchase. Above all, to me, food is about respect.
Mark Fincher

Return to Off-Topic