It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:27 pm
Change font size
Hero-U Forum

Bug Reports

First bug reports!

Let us know about any bugs or notable problems you find in the demo, combat test, and other alpha/beta releases of Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption. For suggestions, please use the Demo Discussion forum instead.

First bug reports!

Postby BoxDroppingManApe » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:04 pm

Two bug reports here. The first is that it is possible for Shawn to walk through the top-left corner of the drawers in the east part of the room.

The second is that once the demo is completed, it is possible to click on parts of the screen and hear Shawn moving around in response.
BoxDroppingManApe

Re: First bug reports!

Postby Rambutaan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:33 am

No serious bugs although I noticed there were some framerate drops during the first cutscene as it pans around the seaside.

Also the animations could be better but as you've already mentioned in the update, these will be worked on :).
Rambutaan

Postby ZenicReverie » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:29 am

BoxDroppingManApe wrote:Two bug reports here. The first is that it is possible for Shawn to walk through the top-left corner of the drawers in the east part of the room.

The second is that once the demo is completed, it is possible to click on parts of the screen and hear Shawn moving around in response.

**My first post seems to have not made it through, trying again**
I noticed the first issue too. Seems to be due to the pathing as it happens with that chest of drawers (see attached picture), the foot stool, and the globe, but the art or pathing of other objects was designed to avoid it (the bookcase just barely). Also happens ever so slightly on the right side of the fireplace.

Also, the second issue only happens when shawn successfully completes the mission. I don't hear the same sounds when failing.

I noticed an initial clipping of Shawn's feet in the demo (attached picture). This is the most exaggerated example, but it also happens when shawn moves S (only slightly on his right foot), SW, and SE.

There's also a snapping from one pose to another that sometimes accompanies moving in any non-north direction. The leading foot from the last step is stuck bent for a second before snapping correctly.

Initially, right-clicking while interacting with an object will cause the window to close; however, after selecting one action with the first object, the last object that as acted upon seems to replace that default action. This means I can interact (right-click) with the fireplace, select an action (examine), interact with the desk (right-click) or any object, and then right-click anywhere to interact with the fireplace again. This might break things when we get to more than one level if the game tries to access objects that don't exist anymore. I can post a picture, but I'm only allow three attachments.

Using the above technique I found a dead man walking scenario. If you take the vase, do the above to get the interaction with the vase back at say the bookcase, and then shake it, Shawn will mention how slippery it is, but then no other dialogue happens. Actually, this happens as well when you take the vase and then try to shake it. It's a dead man walking because Shawn can no longer interact with any objects, but the game doesn't end.

There's also the obvious shadow effect on the fireplace, and general halo/aura around most objects.

Looking forward to seeing how this all comes together.
Attachments
DrawerClip.PNG
Object clip example + standing on cat
DrawerClip.PNG (78.01 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
Hero-U Foot Clip.PNG
Initial foot clipping
Hero-U Foot Clip.PNG (105.12 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
Wrong Foot Pose.PNG
Slight bend in boot, snaps into place a second later.
Wrong Foot Pose.PNG (73.76 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
ZenicReverie

Postby ZenicReverie » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:41 am

I suppose I can make another post with attachment to show the interaction from across the room.
Attachments
Bookcase-Piano.jpg
Accessing the bookcase from the piano, like a master thief would. ;)
Bookcase-Piano.jpg (102.71 KiB) Viewed 1515 times
ZenicReverie

Postby majutsushi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:57 am

I noticed another bug: when the homeowner came in after smashing the vase I pressed the Escape key to skip the dialog, and this returned control to me so I was able to continue playing the game while the owner kept waving his finger at me.
majutsushi

Postby Corey » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:14 pm

Heh, that last one wins the "epic catch" award. We used "hands off mode" in Sierra games a lot when we didn't want the player to do something that would break the current script. Looks as though we might need one in Hero-U as well.

Ref the animation, we will fix those. Thank you for the reports.
Corey

Return to Bug Reports