It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 9:48 am
Change font size
Hero-U Forum

Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption

Question about pre-order bix-box set

Question about pre-order bix-box set

Postby coolguyandme » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:31 pm

Hi all!

First, background info. For years I've waited and watched development. I'm a HUGE QFG fan and beyond excited to see this develop. I started playing with the original disk set for QFG2 and I'm looking forward to purchasing a copy when its released. Well deserved as far as I'm concerned!

But, my question is. I want to get the big box set for $100, for this. If I want to keep it sealed as a collectible, can those of us who purchase this big box set also get a digital copy of the game so we can keep our box sets sealed? Sorry, poor way of asking but I hope that's understandable.

Also, whats the word on this development? Any expected release date? Cant wait to purchase!

CGAM
coolguyandme

Re: Question about pre-order bix-box set

Postby Bashar » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:19 am

The short answer is: yes! When you're selecting add-ons for your pre-order on Backerkit.com, select the "Extra copy of Hero-U for a friend" option. That will entitle you to an additional digital copy of Hero-U at a $15 discount from the regular price.

If you're interested in collectables, you may also want to take a look at the plush Meep doll for $35. I think there were only 1,500-2,000 of these made. More might be made to promote future sequels to Hero-U but I personally hope that those might be a different color to keep each run unique.

There is no set date for release. The Coles expect the game to enter the beta testing phase late April with a possible launch in June or July. You can read more details here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/transolargames/hero-u-rogue-to-redemption/posts/1807590 It's quite possible that these dates could be pushed back, though, as is the nature of game development.
Bashar

Postby coolguyandme » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:21 pm

Hey Bashar, thanks for the info! Anyways, I just bought the big box set using the pre-order function from the Hero's U website. Anyways, I never saw the feature to "select add-ons." Did I do something wrong? Thanks for the help.

#excited

Dead Deckers Society
"In Kibo We Trust"

CGAM
coolguyandme

Postby Bashar » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:46 am

No, you didn't do anything wrong. The Coles have switched to BackerKit for pre-order fulfillment since the website store was put up, I just assumed you had ordered from there. You can go to the following link and enter the e-mail address you used to purchase Hero-U to see if your order has already been migrated:

https://hero-u-adventure-role-playing-game.backerkit.com

If not, I would e-mail the Coles directly at support@hero-u.net and they can help you with the add-ons.
Bashar

Postby coolguyandme » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:15 pm

Just wanted to give an update to this, and answer my own question. The big box collectible set DOES come with a digital copy of the game, which will be released before the boxed copy of the game is sent out. The boxed copy will be sent out a couple months after the game is released so the Cole's have time to correct anything found post-release.

When you purchase an item using the pre-order function through the website for this game, it migrates you to the backerkit site. That being said, the one thing I was unsuccessful at was managing add-on's. In my case, I was only interested in getting a digital copy of the game with the boxed set. So I'm happy.

YAY!!! Thank you Bashar and Cole's for your prompt replies and help.

CGAM
coolguyandme

Return to Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption